Wednesday, July 15, 2009

TUBE IS OUT!!!

So I took a huge step today... I saw the surgeon and we concluded that it was safe to remove the J-Tube permanently... Although we thought that the first time, now that we are sure of the diagnosis and treatment, it is a nice relief to not have that tube anymore...

I've been struggling with the therapy so far at home... I've found it much more difficult than I anticipated coming home... I've given thought and will consult with my rehab therapist next week to see where I am at, and if we both feel I could use a little more help, I would go back to MAYO Aug 9th to 15th for a 1-week re-training (2 sessions / day)... So I'll just keep battling each session and hoping to see some progress in the days to come... I have to keep reminding myself that this is a process and is not supposed to be easy...

TUBE IS GONE! Couldn't be happier. Either could Dr. Nagle and Dr. Roth (who I got to see at the hospital for like an hour and talk about everything). Moving on...

No comments:

Post a Comment