Sunday, July 19, 2009

First Full Week @ Home...

So this week has been my 1st full week at home since returning from Mayo so I figured it was time to share something...

This week has been a difficult week emotionally and therapy-wise. I had a hard time coming home since I am an emotional person and the relationships that I had built with Pat and Mark and Gabriella were all very strong that it has been hard to sort through those feelings and separation. I've had some dialogue with Pat regarding returning to Mayo the week of August 9th to 15th for a 1-week re-training course with her so that she can check my progress and help me work through any struggles I maybe having on my own with the the therapy. Also, I hope to be able to work with Mark to do some more of the relaxation biofeedback. As for Gab, we've continued to keep in touch and help each other get thru some hurdles with the therapy and pick each other up when things aren't going our way...

One thing that I've been thinking a lot about as well is trying to work with the Mayo Clinic in a way in which they could create some online network for people who are going thru similar types of diseases or treatments, so they could have a forum to communicate questions or problems or simply have others to talk about issues with. So, I am actually gonna hope to talk to someone when I go up there in August and see if I can't get something started for them. I want to definitely help others thru tragedy or trauma or hardships and really show them that you can overcome almost anything through hard work and with a great support staff...

Went to a 95-year olds birthday and took my grandma out for 1st time in a while... What a crew that was... I brought the median age down by about 40 years...

3 more weeks at home then Mayo again for a week... Hard work continues...

SHARK

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to setup a Mayo Forum board for that. I think it will work out very well.
    Keep up the great work Shark!
    Thinking of you!
    David

    ReplyDelete